Monday, October 08, 2007




Football...and therefore, traffic.


Are you ready for some football? Monday night football hasn't visited our area in 13 years but tonight, the Bills take on the Cowboys right here in WNY.
And the traffic I ran into from the moment I left work was, well, interesting. SUVs with 4 or 5 people in all of them - and faces painted red and white and blue (not necessarily because they are patriotic...just die hard Buffalo Bills fans). Cars with Bills flags flying from the windows on both sides of their cars; passengers telling the driver it's safe to change lanes (and the drivers believed them). All the way home - all 85 minutes of the trip - these were my traveling companions along the interstate. It's ok - I finally got home and now I am not budging...well, just from the computer to the TV. (teehee...I AM ready for some football).
I requested the day off tomorrow - I have to go for a mammogram (fun times) and I also have lots to do around the house that didn't get done over the weekend (because little Miss Veronica was here and we went on a field trip Saturday. Yesterday I was going to go into the office to clear a few things off my desk but making a fried chicken dinner with all the trimmings - including a homemade apple pie - kind of got in the way.
This morning when I went into the office and saw my desk I thought: the apple pie was worth it.
Yup, definitely worth watching Scott and Ron feed their faces.
Tonight, as my friend Wendy and her family wait for Jay to return to his home base, I can only imagine how excited they must be as they wait there for him. Lord please bless his journey home. I hope there aren't any football games to hold him up - the last thing he needs is traffic. :)
God's blessings my friends.

No comments: