Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Five Words to live by (and for)...






I AM OUT OF IRAQ!!!! These words my friend Wendy forwarded to me in an email this morning...her son is finally not "in country" as they say. As I read the words, the days and thoughts of my own emails proclaiming that about my own children came flooding back to me. Anyone will tell you that you have to walk in the shoes to understand the gravity and thanksgiving in reading or hearing those five words. There are no words to describe the joy...or the relief...or the flood of tears that come when a soldier's family finally realize that it's over and he/she is coming home. When you get the news, you don't care where you are...where the flood of relief will hit...who will be the first one that you hug when the news finally sinks in. So tonight Wendy, I am wishing that I could have been there when you got the news. But since there are many miles between us, I hope you know that at least I was able to shed some tears with you - because I love your soldier too. And I am thrilled that you are finally getting this news. I hope that the person who received that first hug realizes the joy behind it and the relief and thanksgiving. Chances are they did not...but I hope you can feel the one I am sending to you. THANK YOU JESUS!


Now I have another friend who visits from time to time...her name is Kim. Her older son Chuck served in the Army and got out...then her youngest son Ben joined and is about to graduate from Basic...and Chuck re-enlisted. I can't believe that Ben is old enough. Kimmy...I am so proud of them both - and I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Pride is mixed in there somewhere I'm sure....just remember that there are a lot of us here who will be with you in this...no matter where the Army sends them. God bless them Kimmy - and may He bring you His peace at all times.


Nothing personal to report today...it's all about other moms and their soldiers. About old friends and renewed friendships and the blessings that are in all of these. It's about those five words that a family lives for.


God, please bless our troops...and those of us who wait. You know our hearts...and You know our trust in you dear Lord. And you know the courage and strength they hold in THEIR hearts.


For you do not give us a spirit of fear, Lord...only hope and trust. And faith.


1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

So happy to hear Wendy's son is out of country. I will keep your friend Kimmy's children in my prayers.
I guess that things are still going on. I have been so disconnected from all of that for awhile. My household has been turned upside down. But it is a good upside down.