Saturday, June 02, 2007


On a clear day, you can see forever..


Ok, I am showing my age, but if any of you remember Robert Goulet, then you remember him singing that song. It's one of my all time favorites.

How I wish that I had more clear days - some days are a blur from start to finish. Up early, off to work, busy busy busy, then the commute home. Some days, Veronica and Luke come over while Tina works for a little while during the dinner hour; or other evenings a meeting at church will round out my day. Then it's bed time and I wonder where the time has gone and if the next day will bring the same busy-ness. Robert Goulet had a wonderful idea there when he belted out his song. The words were beautiful and the concept was great - but, standing on the stage, he could see a lot further than we can.

Recently, one of the soldiers I love - the son of one of my friends - lost his best friend and comrade in Iraq. Their unit only had about three months more on their deployment - they've been there nearly a year already. And so, they were beginning to look past the war and starting to see home, their families, safety. But that clear day they could almost see, ended tragically.

We don't know what God has in store for any of us. We begin each day thinking that it's another adventure - another time of living and learning and feeling blessed. But each day, I pray that instead of seeing the busy-ness and the routine, God will help me to see (clearly) the blessing in all that is going on around me. And that I will help others see it as well. The joy of waking up on a late spring morning and feeling the early morning sun on my face as I walk from my car to the office And thankfulness that He has healed my knee so quickly and completely that I can enjoy that walk-that having to walk a little bit is a blessing and not a burden. I also appreciate the busyness of a work day because that means He has provided me with a good paying job PLUS friends to spend my workday with. And always, to be able to come home to a husband whom I love more than he could possibly know - and that this love is mutual. My family and friends - seeing His love for me is at work constantly through them.

Clear days are a wonderful thing - but forever is a long time. I know that God has given me forever in His Son Jesus, but each single day is good enough to look forward to - because I know that His path for us is perfect. Not always smooth, but it's perfect.

What does God hold in store for me? For you? For those you love?

A simple abundance called life. I pray that this day holds many good things for you.

Blessings my friends,

Sue

No comments: