Wednesday, May 30, 2007




Life is what it is.




I found out today that I might not have that chance at the promotion after all. In the Civil Service system, an employer has to work off of an eligibility list based on exam grades. Mine was good - but not quite high enough to make the first cut. So if someone in the pool of interviewees wants the job and is qualified, the new person is chosen from that group. I must admit that I was hoping I'd get the job - it would mean a sizeable pay raise but more importantly than that, my retirement income would be higher. It's ok though - I'm not giving up - just not going to get my hopes up. I have a wonderful job that pays very well - that won't change, nor will my love for my current job change diminish.
Someone said to me today, "life is what it is." Oh, how true.
I'd like to ask for your prayers for some people I love - a military mom, Wendy, and her son Jay. Jay's room mate, mission mate, and his best friend were killed on Monday in Iraq when a soldier was killed in action. This brave soldier leaves behind a young wife and two little children.
Dear God be with them and with the families of all who have lost their lives - it's been a terribly costly month over there.
In just a few weeks, Laurie, Stephen and our little Kasey will be here for a good visit. We are sooo looking forward to this-it's been nearly 6 months since we've seen them. I don't do well with long separations.
Tomorrow is another day - another chance to do things the way God would have me do.
With its ups, and downs; its blemishes, and its sweet goodness....life is what it is. Precious.


Be blessed my friends.

No comments: