Thursday, June 25, 2009

Banner's Up!!


Hello dear friends. Today we became residents of South Dakota. The people at the DMV office were quite nice, and my picture doesn't look too bad. I kept my eyes open so this is good. But I think I look like a chipmunk.
At any rate, it feels kind of weird...but at least the plan is going quite smoothly. On our way through IL yesterday, we stopped at a store and I bought some little suction cup thingies that you put on windows for wind catchers. And of course, for Blue Star Banners. And so, this two star mom has finally put up my two star banner...it's in the back "picture" window of our RV for all the world to see. I had looked for-and found-the box I had packed it in on the first day I unpacked...but couldn't find the suction cup thingy which I know I packed with it. So I finally just bought some more and hung the banner today. I must say, I feel more at home now.
We are having a pretty good time, although there is a lot of work involved in moving into an RV from a house. Kasey is having a ball - is such a good traveler and stays awake most of the day but does take a good nap sometime in mid afternoon. I miss his little jibber jabbering for those couple of hours.
Tonight, as on all the other nights we have spent in the trailer, Kasey is sleeping with us - as is Lily. The sofa bed still has a few boxes on it and the bed is big enough for all of us. I think there is a bit of comfort for all of us in this. But tomorrow, I will be able to clear the sofa so he can sleep in his own bed tomorrow night. Our time with him is quickly passing - and I won't get into that or I won't be able to finish this post without some tears. Last night Ron was talking about when we are on our own and of course I teared up at the thought. Ron said he's pretty sure Stephen and Laurie would notice if we tried to keep him. Funny.
So, here we are...we are home tonight because we are in our RV in our new state. By Saturday we will be gone and on our way to see Laurie. This is a great thing for us all.
As our troops in the sand get closer to that date that is in the news, please pray for them...for God's hedge of protection to be all around them - and that those who wait will feel that assurance of God's protection around their loved ones.
Be blessed my friends.

4 comments:

kbug said...

South Dakota...?? There must be a story behind why you picked that state...I can't wait to hear it someday over a burger and beans in our backyard...(hint, hint)... :) Yay for the banner hanging proudly in the back window...way too many people have no idea what it means, though. You'll have to enlighten them along your travels. I haven't taken down my two-star banner yet, even though Kevin hasn't been in the service for over a year. I should get a one-star banner, but Seth is about to leave the military this fall. I may just leave it for now and then move it to our guest room when he gets out. We'll see. It will always have a special place in our home, though...

Safe travels, my friend...and keep on blogging..... :)

Karen said...

Safe travels and know we think of you often. I'm glad things are going smoothly.
HUGS,
Karen

The Teacup Cottage said...

Greetings fellow adventurer! It sounds like it's been a fun adventure and wven though that part may be coming to an end, a new one will soon begin. I can't wait to hear all about your new home and community and settling in!

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading of this new chapter in your life.
~AM