Sunday, May 17, 2009

Connections



We are still waiting for a new closing date - a date that actually sticks this time - so this morning, I had just a few more things to go through before I could say I was satisfied with what I saved and what I couldn't keep. I have this notebook type album made by a good friend a long time ago. It's a red notebook with patriotic cloth covering it and the words "Military Moms" on it. Inside, many pages of postcards from military moms I have "met" over the years via this wonderful blessing called the internet. Some have remained good and close friends, some are easy to remember and make me smile in doing so, but are no longer part of our military moms website and we have lost touch; and others who have left the mms website are still good friends. A few years back, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, we had a group who decided to have a postcard exchange - we sent postcards from our home cities to each other and we gathered quite a nice collection - these are the postcards I found today in the notebook. Going through the pages of the book today and looking at the postcards from all over this great country, it made me smile.
My Two Star Banner is now packed away in a box and safely inside a uhaul, but it will be one of the first things I unpack when we have our new home and are sitting in a campground. I anticipate all the new friends who are out there - military parents those who see our Two Star banner and realize that they have found other military parents who can understand the sacrifices made, the fears they have, the pride.
I am grateful for the connections that make this roller coaster ride such a blessing - and if you are reading my words right now, I am grateful for YOU.
God bless our troops and those who love them.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I remeber that postcard exchange...Mine are put away in an album with other special mementos like photos from special times with MM's. I hope you get a closing date real soon so the 3 of you can start on your new journey.

Karen said...

Mine are in an album too along with others I've collected over the years. Those were special though.
HUGS,
Karen

The Teacup Cottage said...

Ahh, the people we meet in this unique life of ours. Good or bad, they leave their mark on us, big or small, making us who we are today. That only leaves the adventures of how our lives will be touched tomorrow.

On that subject, I see you've found Nikki's blog. Nikki and I faced our first deployments together. Our husbands were friends, collegues and battle buddies. We've had our ups and downs as most friends do, but I've learned in this crazy nomid life, that those whom you face these pivital moments with will be with you always.

Treasure the memories and here's to many new ones as you face the adventures of tomorrow!

Call Me Grandma said...

Sue, I am so grateful for you and MMs.
Where ever your new motor home takes you I hope that it is always a place that only brings you and yours happiness.
Thank goodness that computer can travel with you.
Godspeed.