Saturday, March 15, 2008

Go, grandma, go!!

Hi everybody. Two weeks since I last posted but I have a very good reason - we were visiting Laurie, Stephen, and Kasey. What a wonderful visit it was - oh my, to see them again was great.
And what do you suppose I did when we were there? I went to the playground with Kasey and climbed up a rope ladder to the slide platform and went down the slide several times. Kasey was yelling out, "Go, grandma, go!!" and he was pushing me down the slide as I sat at the top trying to get up my nerve (teehee, not really, but I haven't been on a slide - or a rope ladder for that matter) in a long time. It was wonderful. Then, because the playground wasn't busy, Kasey and I had a derby of sorts by taking all his toy cars, putting them at the top of the slide and then letting them vrooom down the slide. Hmmm...his cars always won. Do you think he kept giving me the ones with bad wheels?
They have so much on their plate right now and are so busy, but they always manage to spend time together. Kasey is a very loved little boy and with the pending issues the Army has for them, their first thought has always been his care.
I did something highly unusual this trip - I did NOT access my office email or voicemails. A first for me in like the last 5 years or so. When I announced that at our staff meeting on Thursday, my first day back, there was applause because I always get hollered at for doing these things while I am on vacation. This time I decided to make every moment count.
Veronica is here this weekend - Scott had to work today so we took Veronica to breakfast and then went and looked at some RVs. A good morning.
Today is my birthday - it's a quiet one but good all the same. I don't know if we are going out for dinner tonight or if we will be having leftovers. Nobody has mentioned it, so I could be making the leftovers. Anyway, 61 isn't a bad age - sweet 16 reversed? Tomorrow I will bake some cookies to put in an Easter package for the kids. There are a ton of things to do around here but not sure if they will get done this weekend. Getting the kids' package in the mail Monday is most important. There's always next week, right?
It's good to be home..
Blessings to all of you - and to those we love who serve.
Sue

4 comments:

Elisha said...

My dear friend, I pray your birthday was a good one. 61 is a great birthday to have, just think of all the amazing things you have been thru and seen in those years. I love watching the kids at the play ground. When Dean is there, he is a different child. He has no reservations about doing anything. No fear whatsoever. Its great to see that.
Hoping you get the cookies made for the kids Easter packages, I am going this afternoon to finish up shopping for Easter baskets and Deans birthday.
Have a wonderful Day.

Karen said...

Jim and chuckled, he wants pictures of you on the slide, said he'd share his when Shannon and him go down a slide together!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time there but it's nice to see you home again.
HUGS,
Karen

kbug said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandson. I'm so looking forward to spending time with my grandchildren someday..... :)

Call Me Grandma said...

Boy, did it sound like Grandma had fun.