Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun....?


Ok, eight days since I've posted - I think that's a record for me. I've been sick...some sort of upper respiratory/sinus infection thing...you know, the kind of thing that makes a woman sound like a man and makes the ribs ache from coughing. I even missed a couple of days of work - if you knew me, you'd know that is just about unheard of.
Scott is still staying with us and it's really a great thing - I think it's been good for him too. He seems content. We sleep much better at night, that's for sure. In the morning when I come out to the kitchen, there are telltale signs that an elf has visited - you know, the cookie sheet and an empty frozen pizza box, or a knife with peanut butter on it, a plate with crumbs on it. And I just smile, take a shower and start my day.
Some of us are counting the days until Wendy's son Jay returns from the sand. It's been a long 15 months...he lost a good good friend while they were there so he is coming home feeling incomplete, I'm sure. Sad.
This year will be the first time in 27 years that we will not see Laurie...and Stephen and Kasey too, at Christmas time. The fares are outrageous...when I think of this it makes me sad, but they are at least stateside. I will be grateful for that all during the holidays.
Cathy is experiencing the joy of having her grand daughter living with her...she is one lucky little girl. Cathy, hoping that Dan and Kat get good jobs soon...haven't visited your site the last couple of days...will do that tomorrow...hoping to see that they are working. How are Gabby and Hans the wonder dog? Blessings my friend. Enjoy every single moment.
That's about it for tonight...0530 comes early so I will say good night. God bless you all and dear Lord...please bless our troops with your love and protection.

No comments: