Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Starting to get those "see you again soon" blues.

In just a few days, my little Kasey and his mommy and daddy will be heading out again. Not good for THIS grandma and grandpa - in fact my eyes are tearing up already at the thought of it. SO, what's a grandma to do? Well, this morning we went out for pancakes and eggs, we went to an RV dealer where Kasey went through every RV with an open door (so did all the adults with him). Then we took a slow drive home and stopped for ice cream. The kids - including a very tired Kasey - are up taking a nap right now. I have a turkey in the oven with homemade stuffing and we will have all the trimmings to go with it. Scott and Tina and Luke and Veronica will be coming over as well so this will be holiday meal that we never get to eat together. Veronica will stay the night so she can have some extra time with her cousin. I don't think anybody will get much sleep tonight - and it's perfectly alright with this grandma if I don't sleep two winks. (One wink would be good, though).
As time winds down on this wonderful visit with the kids, I am thinking more and more about the days when my job won't keep us here...a time when we can get in our RV and go wherever God takes us - where Laurie and Stephen happen to be stationed or, God willing, where Scott and Tina and the kids are living. A day when we can say, "see you soon" and know that those words are true - not just an easier way of saying "goodbye."
I'll probably be pretty busy the next few days and may not check in. Just know that I am thinking of you and praying for those you love who serve and for all of the troops - my own two precious soldiers included.
Blessings,
Sue

2 comments:

kbug said...

Ahhhh, the bittersweet parting. I feel for you. I always hated those times...having to say goodbye to Kevin when he was stationed in Alaska and we got to see him 2 or 3 times a year; having to say goodbye to Seth when he deployed to Iraq in December of 2005 and again at the end of his R&R the spring of 2006. Those times are oh so difficult, but I always looked forward to the next hello and welcome home. If it weren't for the bad times, we wouldn't know how wonderful the good times are...that's definitely looking at the glass as half full, dontcha think..... :)

Sue said...

Kbug,
Absolutely half full - and we already have checked the price of tickets for a trip out to see them.
It won't be long, prayerfully.
Thanks for the great comment.
Sue