Tuesday, July 10, 2007




Complete.




Woke up this morning to a wonderful thing - a full house. Kasey (oh, and his mommy and daddy) arrived this past weekend. We were so anxious for that day to get here...and then it seemed like forever before they got here. But they finally arrived and when we saw Laurie and Stephen, we saw Kasey as well - not being carried, but walking along with his little back pack on wheels. He knew us right away - big grin from ear to ear as soon as he saw Ron and I. And he knew us...oh I said that already didn't I? Well, it's just so great because it's been 6 months since we last saw him and that's a long time in the life of a two year old (almost forever for a grandma and grandpa).
So they are here - and this morning's menu is French Toast. Kasey is sleeping in a big boy's bed now so Laurie's bed is pushed up against the wall and has a quilt stuffed there just in case he moves around a lot. We don't want him to get caught between the bed and the wall. We also bought a bedrail for the other side of the bed so he won't fall out. There is a little potty seat in the bathroom (Sponge Bob Square Pants) (it's been awhile since we had one of those). I must say that Kasey is the perfect example of "snips and snails and puppy dog tails." He is inquisitive and happy and LOVES to play outside and swing on the swing in our back yard (high gamma).
Laurie and Stephen look great. I loved watching them in the back yard last night - with Kasey.
The glow is still there - Laurie just lights up when she is with Stephen. Good for a mom's eyes to see since we live so far apart.
So today is get out the wading pool day - whewwww, sure is hot here. Then we will go to the playground and do whatever else they want to do. Tomorrow Laurie and I will go shopping for food and party stuff for the luau party we are having in the back yard this weekend. It's been awhile since we've had a party - I'd say that it's just about time.
Ask me if I am happy....and thankful too. God has truly blessed us. And absence truly DOES make the heart grow fonder.
May God bless all of our troops - and those who love them.
It may be a few days before I get back here...but all of you soldier moms and grandmas understand.
Blessings my friends.
Sue

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow time sure does fly doesn't it? It seems like just yesterday us gals were having a little bridal shower for Laurie and Cheese's House and here she is a mother of a two year old!!! Enjoy your time with them and I would love to see some pictures of Kasey if you wouldn't mind emailing me some.

chrisbeth said...

HI suel. I love the fact you have a blog and I can keep up with you in it. Yes, I remember when Laurie was told Kasey was going to be a girl!! That was a crazy time for you guys. Enjoy your time with them. Beth and Sue were here for the July4th weekend. Beth will be going back to Iraq in Aug. I LOVE grandchildren too
Love you too
chrisbeth

Call Me Grandma said...

You sure sound like you are in seventh heaven. I know the feeling. Grand kids sure are just that, GRAND!