Thursday, February 08, 2007


Long weekends are good.


It's been a long week - SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! and my car and I have spent entirely too much time together...and it seems to be protesting about the conditions of the roads we've traveled together this week. This morning, as I made the very first turn on my commute to work, it rebelled and ended up head on into a snow bank. Lovely way to start the day. Then, of course, other drivers think that l CHOSE this snow bank deliberately and am blocking part of the gas station driveway to be ornery. I figure it was either a snow bank or another car and why ruin someone else's day? Later, as I got out of the "sticks" and closer to civilization and the office, the roads improved so that I could go faster. Hmmm, I thought, why is my trusty all wheel vehicle starting to shake if I go over 50 mph?

Tomorrow we will find out. A wheel? Something out of alignment? Who knows, but I decided taking a vacation day tomorrow would be ok. Work will start to get crazy soon as we begin processing for two financial aid years at the same time. Current year, next year, and reconciling last year. Yup...it gets hectic but I love every minute of it. But a day off now is ok.

I am excited because we are planning a trip this summer with all the kids and grandkids when Laurie, Stephen and Kasey come home for a visit. A four or five day vacation home rental on a lake somewhere with all 9 of us. Six adults, a 9 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old. Mass bedlam - and I CAN'T WAIT!!

So, while the days are cold and the busy-ness at work gets busier, this grandma is gonna be planning. And the extra day this weekend will help.

Yup...long weekends are good...really good.

Blessings for your weekend.

God bless our troops wherever they are serving. And those of us who wait.

Hugs,

Sue

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

I saw were upstate New York got 8 feet of snow and more of the lake machine snow is coming. I hope you are not in that mess?
We just have been fighting the cold and a inch or 2 of snow