Saturday, December 16, 2006


Tired feet!!

Well, Ron and I had an awesome date today. First we went to SEARS - I bought a blouse last week for Tina's sister and they forgot to remove the security device off the blouse and I didn't want to try taking it off the blouse because I know there is ink in those things. So they were very happy to use that special tool they have and I actually managed to get out of THAT store with out spending any more. We stopped to see Scott and Veronica for a little bit and there just happened to be some fresh chocolate chip cookies there which needed testing. Awesome. Veronica agreed.
Then we went to the largest mall in our area - just a little bit of shopping left to do but needed to go there because they have the only Discover store in our area. Many dollars - and about 6 miles of walking - later - we finally
got some dinner and made our last Christmas shopping stop - the liquor store for several bottles of wine. My girls that I supervise at work are all wine drinkers so they will be good with this when I place the tall snowflake bag on their desk next week.
I would say that this was our best shopping trip yet - simply because it was Saturday, it was our date, and the mall was packed with people. Some were smiling, others looked stressed, still others looked dazed and confused. S0mebody working in one of those kiosks stopped me and tried to sell me a $70 nail care kit. When I said that I would think about it and stop on my way back through the mall, he threw in what he thought would be the clincher - buy one, get one. No deal...and I always feel bad saying no, but had to (after all, they have bills to pay too). Just looking at the look on Ron's face as he waited for me..no deal was my only option. :)
So, here we are. Saturday night of the busiest shopping weekend of the year - we are home, watching network news (it's not good), and about to watch our Saturday night movies from Blockbuster.
Far away, much closer to the place where Jesus was born, our soldiers are
looking for the peace that baby boy brought to the world. And they will be the ones to help make that peace possible. The cost has been great - and will no doubt be greater still before the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are over.
And tonight, my feet tired and sore from walking the mall, I think of the boots on the ground in the sand so far away, and also on the feet of our soldiers who serve in other nations - and on US soil protecting us. When do THEY rest? Soon, I hope. Very soon.

Blessings to your loved ones who serve and prayers for them as well as for those of us who wait.
Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah and I went shopping Sat. Way too many people for me.
I would like to add my sentiments to our soldiers in faraway places. May God bless them all. Keep them safe Lord Jesus. Bring them home soon.