Saturday, August 31, 2013

Something Our Entire Family Can Enjoy

We took the plunge yesterday....bought a camping trailer. Sleeps 8, has a very comfortable layout inside, yet still bright and brings the outside in with bunks that pull out like a pop up, but living space is in a hard sided trailer. This means that we don't have to disassemble the dinette (which, does fold down into a queen size bed), or interrupt the living space at all. Perfect size, full bathroom with shower, and a great kitchen. See me smiling?  Not that material things are so important, but Ron and I are campers....when we sold our fifth wheel after we stopped traveling full time, it was like selling a home, not a camping trailer. I think full sized travel trailers are great, especially for those who can get a permanent site at a campground....perfect escape for the summer. But since that's not really an option for us, this will be just right. Camping is good~you get to meet people, and go places....maybe even to the Adirondack region...ahem. We've traveled there before when we lived in Buffalo, and camping is wonderful there.  There are TONS of state parks in Colorado too, and to think we have the opportunity to see them now, up close and personal....VERY thankful to see God's creation.
Kasey will claim his bunk the first time he sees it, no doubt, and since he'll be living with us for several weeks very soon, he'll get to use it before this year's camping season is over.
I would be remiss, being a military mom, if I didn't say anything about the possibility of military action in Syria. I will just say that it's scary to think of getting involved in another war in any way possible. And yet, this is what our country does....for the sake of humankind. I am praying that whatever we do, it is for the right reasons.
That's about as political as it gets for me, but stronger than anything political, is the will of God. For our country, and the world. Don't mix religion and politics, many people say.  And yet, He holds us all in His hands....and in Him we trust.
Blessings, my friends.
I can just picture Kasey or Veronica sitting on one of those stools asking me questions as I cook. Smiling here.

1 comment:

Karen said...

We'd love to see you in the Adirondacks! Enjoy your camper