Friday, August 09, 2013

Not Taking Things for Granted

No clue. I have absolutely no clue why I haven't been blogging. Days turn into weeks, those weeks into months. Busy doesn't quite cut it for a reason.  It would only be an excuse.

Life HAS been busy though. :-)  Our two soldiers have been enjoying the wonder of being home with Kasey since December when Stephen came home from his deployment safe and sound. I was looking through some pictures yesterday...and, as I often do, took a look at the pictures of Laurie's homecoming. It seems like years ago, but has been 15 months. And I remember how joyful we were, and yet it was bittersweet because she was returning only a few weeks after Stephen began his time in Afghanistan and she knew that was ahead of her even as she hugged Kasey and savored being out of that horrible place. And yet, hope springs eternal in all of us.

Our family will be experiencing yet another separation in several months. This one, however, has Laurie and Stephen going to a safer place....and going there together for less than a year. We will visit them, with Kasey, next summer. It will be a good trip, and God willing, His plan is for this as well. Kasey and the girls (Mya and Bella, both loving and wonderful doggies) will be staying here. It will be a busy time, yet Kasey will still be able to attend the same school he has been attending since he began elementary school. Homework, I suspect, will be one of the most stressful things for us all, but it's okay....we'll get 'er done! Laurie and Stephen have training to do this fall and will both be away for a time....we'll do a "training" run ourselves here as Kasey and the girls come here while they are gone. If the Army keeps it's promise, no Christmases will be missed for them and Kasey. But there will be a birthday party in there somewhere that Grandma and Grandpa will need to take care of. We're pretty experienced at those too.

As time goes on, I never cease to be amazed by God's love and encouragement through family and friends. The prayers, and hugs, and even electronically....through FB, and emails, and an occasional text from a concerned friend. Those who have come into my life because of His directing me to our church, and those who are across the miles back in Western NY, or military mom friends from the four corners of our nation. I can only say that in the ups and downs of life, God is with us.
And, busy as life gets, I can still hear His whispers.
I guess that's one of the reasons you see this post....He reminds us of how important it is to pour out our hearts to friends.
Thanks for listening again...I'll try to be better about this.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad HE whispered about your blog, missed you
Hugs