Saturday, August 08, 2009

Do One Armed Hugs Count?



Well, if you read my other blog, you know that I had a mishap on Tuesday and my left arm is now in a cast from the elbow down to my top knuckles of my hand, compliments of a broken arm. One of these days I will have this tumor on my auditory canal removed so that my sense of balance returns to normal. Then, perhaps, I can walk and maintain solid footing. After all, if we are ever going to stand on that new fangled platform above the Grand Canyon good balance is important. Do you agree? :)
So, anyway, as I was lying on the gurney in the ER the other night, I said to Ron, "How am I ever going to give Stephen a normal hug when he gets home with this cast on my arm?" Ron said he thinks he will understand and he said he is sure that Stephen will do his best not to make mockery of my grace and ability to get into trouble (or a cast). At least for the first 2 minutes after we see him.
So, do you think my hug will do? I think I can squeeze the daylights out of him just as well with one arm, as opposed to two...don't you agree?
Yeah sure. But as long as he knows what my heart is saying with that hug, I think being a one armed mom for awhile is just fine.
God bless our troops - and those of us who wait.

5 comments:

Ma said...

Sue,

I read your other blog. How did I miss this???? I am so sorry! I hope you are better.....or coping with a cast.

Betsy

Sue said...

Betsy,
Don't worry - you missed nothing. I was only able to post about this yesterday or Friday. No worries.
Things are going quite well - better every day.
Thank you ao much.
S

Karen said...

One armed HUGS are wonderful when they given in LOVE as I know yours are!!

HUGS,
KAren

kbug said...

I don't think the lack of being able to squeeze that boy of yours with one of your arms is going to make any difference...his body will just be lopsided when you let go..... :)

Didn't I tell you to have safe travels? That includes movement without a vehicle, too.....lol.

Linda said...

One arm hugs are just as good as two arm hugs. Guess if your talking about one arm hugs that means he will be coming HOME real soon!!!!! Yea!!!!