Monday, November 04, 2013

Just a Little Different

So, now that we've been Colorado residents for a year - not just in the fact that we live here, but that we are full fledged legal residents - we've exercised our right to vote for the first time in awhile.
When we went to get our Colorado driver's licenses last November, we signed up to vote by mail.  Our ballots arrived a few weeks ago. The thing is, none of the names sounded familiar - except that we've seen the campaign ads and signs all over the place. So, our local newspaper published a special edition a week or so ago with the candidates, what their platform is, and a bio of sorts. That helped us a lot. Some might ask, why did we vote if we weren't sure of everyone who is running? And the reason is simple....it's a right our soldiers fight for. A privilege our soldiers are fighting for on foreign shores....in and for countries whose citizens don't understand what it's like to live in freedom.
Anyway, I can't remember an election since the very first time I've been old enough to vote that I haven't exercised that right - except last year, when we hadn't been residents here long enough to vote. The names on the ballot were always familiar - names I'd come to know as I grew up and grown older. Still, despite some of the issues in our leadership today, I still vote with trust. I trust that those I vote for are the real deal....looking for an opportunity to make life a little better for the people they serve....in their towns, or cities...or their states.
And for their country.
So that those who keep us free, and safe, will know they are fighting for something worthwhile.
For this mom, that's important. It's a hope I have despite the current state of politics. 
Whether it's by pulling a lever, or completing a write in ballot, or submitting an absentee ballot, may God's blessing be on the people we elect this election day. They'll need every ounce of that blessing.
We all will.
Thanks for stopping in...see, I'm really back! :-)
Blessings, my friends.

2 comments:

شوقي عوض said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ابو السيد said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.